Saturday, March 8, 2014

Faces of the LGBT Center: Arthur Sangster

Faces of the LGBT Center is a feature where we interview friends, members and volunteers of the Center to get the insiders' perspective.  If you want to be interviewed or want to nominate someone, you can email me at andy.teh.nerd@gmail.com.

Tell us a little about yourself, as much or as little as you want to share.

My name is Arthur Sangster and I am a student at STLCC flo valley, but i am on hiatus until fall. I am  a 23 years old Black gay male  who is apathetic atheist, I live in Normandy which is in North County and not too far from North city. I am majoring General Fine Arts here is my blog where i post my drawing and sketches: twobm.tumblr.com

What do you do at the LGBT Center?

i mostly volunteer at the center when needed but right now I am working on a little project that I am procrastinating on

How have the people at the LGBT Center influenced you?

The center influence me to care about our community a little more, Jill and everybody else at the center are awesome and do a lot of good work. Not only we service the LGBT community but our heterosexual brother and sisters who are friendly us. The Center is very important to the urban community of both orientations, and genders. The center also have launch strong efforts to make our community trans friendly and supportive of LGBT of color. And other groups with in the community.  

What are some things you enjoy doing outside of the LGBT Center?

When I am not at the center, I am drawing, drawing and drawing, Listening to music, languages, cuddling with my guy, enjoying beer with good hops, coffee, reading, looking at Art and design, etc.

Random question 1:  Have you ever accidentally injured anyone?

My sister, She was messing with me so i took my head back to get her off of me. And accidentally gave her a bloody noise when i was a kid :(

Random question 2:  Whats your favorite film?

AKIRA!! yeah

Random question 3:  Whats your favorite personality trait you like about yourself?

I am hard working.


2 comments:

Comments moderated to filter out spam and hate speech. Please be patient.