Friday, August 1, 2014

Faces of the Center: Terry McDevitt



Tell us a little about yourself, as much or as little as you want to share.
I am a 56 year old Gay Man. I have been OUT fully since my mid-twenties, but OUT in the community since my teens. I was born & raised in St Louis but moved to Florida in my early thirties. I lived in South Florida for many years before moving back to St Louis six years ago. I was an RN but since moving back to St Louis I have gotten a second degree in accounting and work in the business office of a small non-profit.

What do you do for the LGBT Center?
I worked the desk and helped walk-ins, as well as helped clean the center on Manchester. I now work the virtual desk and attend as many planning meetings as I can make.

OH yeah and I put on an apron and work the grill at the centers BBQ’s.

How have the people at the LGBT Center influenced you? 
I have met the nicest most dedicated group of volunteers at the center. They help me to feel close to the community. I have also met many people who have walked in or called the center. They have reminded me how fortunate I am to belong to the LGBT Community in St Louis, and how important it is for those of us that have been around for a while to set a positive example and offer a hand when needed.

What are some things you enjoy doing outside of the LGBT Center?
I enjoy walking, traveling, BBQ’s, & eating out at the awesome restaurants in St Louis.

Random fun question 1: What accomplishment are you most proud of?
My education and my ability to move to new places and enjoy all they have to offer.

Random fun question 2: If you won an all expenses paid trip to anywhere in the world, where would you go?
 Key West, There is nothing better than living on “Island Time”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments moderated to filter out spam and hate speech. Please be patient.